Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hello Objective-C

The start of this year I have been learning new programming languages and Objective-C is the language I have been learning over the Easter holidays. Objective-C is a reflective, object-oriented programming language that adds Smalltalk-style messaging to the C programming language. I have absolute no intention of using Objective-C for my programming projects. You may ask the question 'why spend valuable time learning a language, which you will never use?'


The answer is simple, by learning a new language I can compare it to Java, which I use on a daily basis and have been using for over decade. The process of comparing and contrasting new languages I learn with Java, helps me to better understand Java strengths and weakness.


Objective-C is the second language I have learned this year the other being Python.

No comments: